Thursday, November 21, 2013



Wed. 20 Nov: I am thankful for my older sister and that she took the time to put together a package of things I needed from America and mail it to me, at great personal expense--both of time and financially. I am grateful for her constant love and support.


Thurs. 21 Nov: I am grateful for education. I am grateful to be able to read and try and fail and learn and grow.


 Fri. 22 Nov: I am grateful for seasons. I am grateful for the course of life. I haven't had a fall in three years, but it is still my favorite time of the year. I love the coolness and the crispness and the colors on the mountains and the smell of old leaves and seeing my breath in the air and walking into a warm house with chili on the stove. Fall is home to my favorite holidays: I will miss Thanksgiving next week, and Christmas next month. This is the time of year when it is hardest to not be with my family. But there are always new things to enjoy, right? I might try to have my own American-style Thanksgiving next week, if I can, and I will be spending Christmas in Tonga, so that will be a whole new cultural experience for me. I stumbled across this album yesterday and had a shock to remember that it is indeed the holiday season. Crazy how fast it sneaks up. Hope you have great plans for yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment