- "Goals are the “yeses” of the future that allow us to say “no” to the temptations of today." (see this link for more info).
- When Jesus Christ was born into the world, it wasn't as if He came with a worldwide newspaper headline announcing "Savior of the World--Born Today in Bethlehem." It was news the world had to discover. The world still has to discover the news of the Savior, and the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ [interesting side note: In Tongan the word for Gospel is "ongoongo lelei," which, literally translated, means "the Good News"]
- The Savior is the best friend we've ever had.
- We turn on lights at Christmas time to symbolize the light that came to the earth when the Savior was born. Plug 'um in people--there's a reason.
- Never judge anyone--God knows your whole story, and He still loves you.
- And finally, "Wise men [and women] still seek Him." More about this to come in a later post.
Monday, December 13, 2010
Just some thoughts...
Just some thoughts from my mind today, inspired by church lessons, conversations with neighbors, and my conscience: