Monday, September 5, 2011

EISF

This weekend the fam and I took a day trip to my old hometown to visit the state fair. Best. Fair. As we walked the thoroughfare, I was bombarded with memories from the past. These little nostalgia-triggers were particularly thick around the livestock sheds where my sister and I spent many September days as both Cloverbuds and full-fledged 4-Hers showing sheep, cows, and goats.

As a family we enjoyed huckleberry ice cream from the Dairy Queen barn,  the fried cinnamon-sugary goodness of the Teton Council's "Tiger Ears," and watching an hour long Kitchencraft presentation in one of the vendor sheds. LOVED hearing country music blasting from the speakers of my favorite radio station's booth (I listened to Paul and Mike EVERY morning, 3rd grade-10th), and by the time we left, we all felt we'd had our fun and will probably last at least another year, 'till the fair comes 'round again. Yay for hometowns, yay for family, yay for roots.



No comments:

Post a Comment