Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Aloha!

Dearest blog readers, breaking news: I am in Hawaii.

I know, right? Life changes so fast.

I arrived last Tuesday and have been busy busy busy the past week trying to figure out housing, jobs, the best beaches, and all the ins-and-outs of my new life. I live on Maui, in a little touristy town on the west side called Lahaina. I love it! It is hot and humid and beautiful and I feel so good about being here. I still haven't found a place to live permanently, but I'm currently staying with some friends and surviving alright. I love the ward, the diversity, and the laid back atmostphere that prohibits me from getting upset, even when everyone drives 20 mph and things take forty minutes longer than anticipated, on average, to complete. I have had some things work out with jobs and I will hopefully be starting next week at one job part-time that will go full-time at the end of the year. I'm still looking for something else to supplement that and take up some more of my time though, because at this rate I am on track for being nothing but really really brown and really really good at spotting sea turtles (an important skill, to be sure, but not quite my aspiration).

Oh look, there's one right there!


And another one!



As you can imagine, I really am enjoying this restful period of my life. I have a new family here too, who has adopted me. We do something together every day, which makes my days very fun and fulfilling.

Here is a picture of my new sisters Tefa (on the right-9 yrs old) and Nia (left-8) when we were watching turtles at the beach:



And here is a picture of my other new best friend, purchased today:


Yes it has a basket AND a surf board rack. Sweet, right? Now I just have to buy a board. :)

So, life really is wonderful. It has its stresses and frustrations and moments of uncertainty, for sure, but in all the waves crashing against the rocks of our shore, I hope that all of us will take a moment and lift our eyes up to do what a dear friend of mine advised me in an email the other day: "fall back on what you knew was right when you knew it was right. ...[a]nd watch lots and lots and lots of sunsets."



I have been. You should too. I highly reccommed it. Life is a great reason to rejoice.

peace. love,

Kasia

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy, and excited for this grand life adventure and what it will bring to you! I love you lady, i'll watch a sunset for you ha ha!

    much much love~ Kellie Jean

    ReplyDelete