Sunday, June 24, 2012

Thoughts on a Sunday

I'm hungry, so I'm thinking about food--


Thoughts about food:
1. I love vegetables, and fruit, and cookies made with applesauce, and oatmeal, and peanut butter, and raisins. 
2. I once received a bag of tomatoes as a present from a boy I was dating. I had remarked earlier that day that I would really love to eat some vegetables. Those tomatoes remain in my memory as the best/most thoughtful gift ever. I hope someday my future husband knows that I would rather him give me applesauce than chocolate. Someone tell him for me, okay?

[note: note my picture]
3. Today, after church, I ate raisins and peanut butter and applesauce. Together. No, it was not gross. It was delicious. 
4. This is not related to food, but I also love flowers. I hope my future husband brings me flowers. Again, someone please tell him sometime will you? K, thanks. 

[also not my picture]
5. Today for dinner we're eating shoyu chicken and rice, leftover and preheated sausage pizza, and stir-fried cabbage and onions. ......I'm probably going to be the only one eating the cabbage and onions but oh well, more for me, right? :)


And other thoughts: 
1. I love my calling as the primary chorister. Those kids challenge and delight me. They scare me and they teach me. I love them. (ps only 11 more Sundays till primary program!)
2. Someday I want to serve in the Young Women's program. My heart is always with the Young Women. 
3. In thinking of what I wish I could tell every young woman today, I found a couple of things on Youtube this morning, which I will link here. So good! 

"Virtue" by Jenny Phillips
Modesty #1
Modesty #2
"Happy Ending" by Jenny Phillips


And some just-in-general thoughts:
1. I'm going to the temple this week, for the first time in Hawaii since I moved here. I cannot wait.

[this one's not my picture either..... yet]
2. I have clothes to wear, food to eat, a car to drive around in, residence and citizenship in a free country, a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, friends and family to laugh and spend time with, jobs to work and earn money at, and so much more. I am so blessed. 
3. I have great reason to rejoice!

No comments:

Post a Comment