Monday, September 21, 2015

geburtstag

Two weeks ago I celebrated my twenty-seventh birthday. It was an incredible, beautiful, absolutely blessed day. Since then, and really for the past two months, I just cannot stop smiling. I'm so happy, I sometimes feel like I'm not really alive--sounds cheesy, but it's true! I think overall this happiness just comes from the assurance I feel that I'm where I'm supposed to be, doing what I want and am supposed to be doing. I feel that God is happy with me, and that makes me happy.

I love getting older. I feel more at peace with myself, more comfortable with the person I am, and more appreciative of the experiences of my life. I feel better able to find joy in the journey.

Of course there are blessings around me which help too.

  • I'm grateful for friends who care about me and reach out to me.
  • I'm grateful for a safe, comfortable, fun place to live and the independence I have.
  • I'm grateful to be able to attend the Temple.
  • and I'm grateful for a car to get there! 
  • I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to get an education.
  • I'm grateful for my family, and their continuous love and support.
just some of them
  • I'm grateful for clothes to wear.
  • I'm grateful for the strength and health I have. I'm grateful my body functions properly.
  • I'm grateful for my job (teaching German) and being able to support myself and learn.
  • I'm grateful for wonderful supervisors.
  • I'm grateful for my calling as a Sunday school teacher and the opportunity to study the scriptures more.

  • I'm grateful for access to and a love for beautiful music, art, and literature. I'm grateful I've learned to appreciate these things.
  • I'm grateful to be able to use my agency to participate in good, uplifting, and edifying things that help me grow.
  • I'm grateful for my trials and being able to turn to the Lord.
  • I'm grateful God is in control of my life.
  • I'm grateful I've learned to love the rain.
  • I'm grateful I live in New Zealand.

  • I'm grateful for technology and all the ways it blesses my life.
  • I'm grateful for all the previous years and experiences and relationships of my life, and looking forward to those to come.
  • I'm grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and everything He means to me.
  • I'm grateful for my Heavenly Father and my relationship with Him.
  • I'm grateful for the Plan of Happiness.
  • I'm grateful for another year of life.

  • Oh... and I'm grateful for peanut butter m&ms :)

Life is a great reason to rejoice! 

3 comments:

  1. Love all your gratitude! Yay for being 27!! Love and miss you Kasia! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bwhahaah! I love that the PB mm's made it into the school shot as well.

    ReplyDelete